Monday, March 14, 2011

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (03 Beige Natural)





I no longer believe in holy grail products or in a "perfect foundation". Our skin changes on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, and once you become obsessed with the ideal texture, color and coverage you realize one needs to mix it up, use different products, blend and adjust. This means I'm rarely blown away by a single foundation from the very first sampling. Guerlain Lingerie de Peau is one of the rare face products that get as close to perfection as possible.

The SAs at my Bloomigdale's were helpful in choosing a shade and provided me with enough samples to make me confident I was using the best one. Beige Natural 03 is truly a perfect match for me with my weird undertones and everything. But the story of Guerlain Lingerie de Peau is more than a color selection. It's about the lightest texture that provides the most coverage I've ever seen in a liquid product. Lingerie de Peau doesn't just even out the skin, it actually makes it look airbrushed smooth, hides imperfections and discoloration the way a much heavier cream product might struggle to do. I know I'm gushing, but really, when I need/want a full coverage this Guerlain foundation is my go-to product at 99% of the time I don't even need to do any color adjustments because Beige Natural matches me so well.

My favorite brushes to use with Guerlain Lingerie de Peau are various natural (usually goat hair) ones, either round headed like Shu Uemura 18 or a flat top like my trusty Stila 21. I also like Sephora Platinum #55 (yes, review coming soon). It really gives a beautiful finish.

Bottom Line: Perfection.

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau ($57, 1 oz) is available from most department stores. You can usually get samples of the colors you're considering.

All photos are mine.