Thursday, May 19, 2011

Summer Lovin', Havin' a Blast

Summer Lovin', Havin' a Blast
 Shirt + Belt + Shorts + Scarf + Bag - Vintage, Bra - Forever 21, Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell, Jewelry - Konstantino + Flea Market + DIY, Lipstick - Revlon in Strawberry Suede

Inspired by my last inspiration post, I decided yesterday to dress like the kind of person whose jokes are never understood. I think it worked. I wore this nuts concoction to the Rose Bowl flea market with Brit and Nicki, as well as our wonderful friend Colleen, who does not have a blog.



And I think that people just regarded us as some strange sort of spectacle, occasionally venturing up to ask for photographs or inquire about something we were wearing. By the end of it, Nicki and I were both walking around with carpet bags in addition to our usual purses, adding to the gaggle's overall "what-tha?" allure.

Inspired by the below editorial and by all of the sights I took in yesterday, I put together a summer shopping checklist for myself. I've included links to similar or pertinent products, just so that we're all on the same page here, but you know me...I'll be at the thrift stores seeing what I can find that approximates the below items.

Jean Greige's Recommended Summer Shopping List

Jewelry is really the only thing on this list that is a sure-buy for me. I don't know why it's okay for me to spend money on jewelry...maybe the longevity of it is comforting or something