Wednesday, May 18, 2011

AFTER DRK

Local Vogue is a series of meetings with emerging local fashion talents. These are people who decided to take a leap of faith, live the dream and start their own label. They design, create and show us that when you really want something, nothing is impossible. Previous Local Vogues can be found here.
Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she will conquer the world. When Sabrina opened the door of her Amsterdam apartment in 5-inch Yves Saint Laurent heels, I knew she and I would get along well. Not only did she look ravishing, she also immediately gave me the impression that she knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to work hard to get it.









Sabrina’s blog AfterDRK has managed to blossom during an era where every girl in the world seems to have a blog and is now one of Holland’s most popular websites. If you ask me, her success isn’t just based on her impeccable minimalistic style, but also on her surprising character. Unlike many other young women, Sabrina is confident yet vulnerable and stays truly grounded despite her success.

When I asked Sabrina what her ultimate dream was, she told me that she has always wanted to start her own jewellery line. She then proudly showed me her two most precious jewellery pieces: a gorgeous gold ring and a traditional Indonesian bracelet that was a gift from her mother in law. She also told me that the ring was a gift to herself for her graduation, which made me smile even more.
I guess the moral of this story is to never be afraid to work hard or reward yourself with something you have always wanted. Sabrina has shown me that the woman of today can have her cake and eat it, stay grounded and look amazing in the process. Enjoy the video interview and the pictures to get to know Sabrina more!
On a side note: Sabrina told me that most girls and women want to know what colour lipstick she always wears, so ladies, here it comes: it’s Chanel #170 called Gipsy Scarlet. You’re welcome!

Local Vogue: Sabrina AfterDRKLocal Vogue: Sabrina AfterDRKLocal Vogue: Sabrina AfterDRK