Thursday, March 17, 2011

Urban Decay Clinic 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil





Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Yes, Urban Decay Clinic 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil  is an intense emerald green. It has a sparkly metallic finish that might be a bit too much on days you're not trying to bring out your inner leprechaun, but I saw it a few months ago at Ulta when Urban Decay first released the 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils and Clinic was too pretty to resist. Have I mentioned it's green?

The 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils have the smoothest and softest texture imaginable from a shadow in pencil form. It glides on effortlessly and gives you a short window of opportunity (less than a minute) to blend it before setting and becoming indestructible. The color doesn't smudge, budge or crease and you can trust it to stay there from early morning until bedtime. I find that it cooperates nicely with powder eye shadows so I can actually use this Urban Decay color as an accent color in an otherwise neutral, well-blended normal people's look.

I really enjoy this pencil and would probably consider adding other colors to my collection, but allow me a fuddy-duddy moment to complain about Urban Decay's habit of using drug-related terms to name colors. It's not cool, not funny and doesn't make me feel warm fuzzies towards the company or it's product, as fabulous as they might be.
/end old nerd rant.

Bottom Line: Kiss me, I'm Irish

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils ($20) are available from Ulta and Sephora, in-store and online.

All photos are mine.