Tuesday, March 15, 2011

guest blogging: jamie from kreyv

I'm thrilled to have the fabulous Jamie from kreyv guest
posting for you today. I'm a big fan of her blog and love
her [so cheap, so easy] projects. Enjoy and don't forget
to stop by her blog to check out the rest of her lovely posts.

I'm so excited to be here guest posting on Melissa's blog!
My name is Jamie, and I started my blog, [kreyv] to log
my inspirations, wishes, and obsessions with design! I am
a wife and stay at home mom. I am always discovering new
ideas and every once in a while, I create. Sometimes I like
my creations, sometimes not, but I promise to share everything
I like! Melissa asked me to share a couple of my favorite
[so cheap, so easy] projects.

I needed a large statement piece but didn't want to spend a lot
of money. I bought this door at the hardware store for under $30,
painted it, and hung it up. Super cheap, super easy!



These are two of my newer projects. I have a gallery wall and
wanted to add some typography pieces. I used magazine pages
for both of the backgrounds. For the monogram, I printed out the
letter J on my computer, cut it out, and glued it onto the background.
For the lower, I printed the word directly on the magazine page.


This is my faux croc frame. I painted the frame white, and textured
it with horizontal and vertical lines using a plastic fork. Once that
dried, I dry brushed some metallic gray paint over the top and sanded
the edges.

I hope you liked these projects and again, thank you to Melissa
for having me!