Sunday, May 15, 2011

MAKE UP // SPRING BEAUTY




Photo Courtesy of Lippe Taylor
Spring is finally here and it’s time to break out those short skirts and dresses! Before you do, though, you have to make sure your legs are smooth and ready to be shown off. Luckily, Schick and Skintimate have got you covered! Later this month, Schick Quattro for Women will launch the “Shower Your Senses” mobile tour to introduce the new Quattro for Women Disposables handle scented with the Skintimate Signature Scent Raspberry Rain. The tour will visit fifteen cities across America, and beauty guru and YouTube star Elle Fowler will host the kick-off event at The Grove in Los Angeles where she’ll share her top beauty tips and secrets. Can’t make it to the event? No sweat! We spoke with Elle and got the scoop on her must-have beauty products for spring. Check out our interview below!

What are your beauty must-haves for spring? 
I'm loving Frederic Fekkai Coiff Oceanique Tousled Wave Spray. It smells delicious and works really well to create nice beachy waves. I've also been loving the natural, glowy makeup look for spring, and this calls for a great copper-gold eyeshadow, like MAC Amber Lights. Another staple in my beauty bag is a glowy cheek highlighter, like NARS Copacabana Multiple. And, of course, I need to have super-smooth legs this time of year so I love my Schick Quattro for Women Disposable Razor with its scented handle and Skintimate Raspberry Rain Shave Gel.

Who do you look to for beauty and fashion inspiration?
I absolutely adore Blake Lively's style. She always looks stunning! I also think Kim Kardashian always has perfect-looking skin, and I'm always striving for that natural and glowy face.

Describe your typical beauty routine for a night out.
When going out at night, I always bump up my normal everyday makeup routine: I add a little bit more blush, a brighter lip color (I just wear gloss during the day), and then concentrate on really bumping up my eyes. A great trick I learned is to take a bit of Vaseline and rub it on your lashes to take off your mascara so you can start fresh for the night without messing up your whole look! Fresh lashes always boost my overall look; I curl them, add two layers of mascara, and then sometimes add a few false lashes onto the outer corners.

What is your favorite part about being in the YouTube community?
I love having a voice to share thoughts on what I love: beauty and fashion. I love being able to communicate with a large group of people who share the same passion as me!

Do you have any beauty advice specifically for teen girls?
I would say, really concentrate on natural beauty. Pick your favorite feature and play it up! Mine are my eyes, so I keep everything else natural and then go darker on my eyes. My biggest advice is to keep the skin natural and fresh!

Practices

Beauty
Beauty is Our Make Up. Our creative reputation grew out of our work in beauty, and marketing to women has become second nature to us. We know how to build beauty brands and more importantly why women buy (or don’t buy) the products that make them look and feel good.
Health/Wellness
Our Health Expertise is Scientifically Proven to Generate Results. At Lippe Taylor, good health means your business and communications campaigns are in the caring hands of our medical experts. Our prescription for results includes daily contact with key media, established relationships with leading medical professionals, a solid understanding of regulatory issues and the ability to distill and communicate clinical data to key stakeholders.

Fashion
Our Fashion Statements Speak Results. At Lippe Taylor we produce nothing “off the rack”. All our programming is customized to your brand’s unique style. From trend reports to staging runway shows to showroom appointments and in-store events – everything we do speaks style and results.
Home/Lifestyle
Lippe Taylor Loves Home Work. A staggering 91% of home purchase decisions are made by women. If you do the math, lifestyle brands that are not talking directly with women will be left out in the cold. That’s where we can help with some of the heavy lifting…from furnishings, cleaning supplies, kitchen tools, nutrition, beverages, automotive and even pet care. We know the head of the household, how to reach her, and how to make her feel at home with your brand.