Thursday, May 19, 2011

ikea + a touch of creative = fab!

I feel completely inspired by all those "Ikea hackers" out there.
It's amazing the way creative people are taking simple Ikea
furniture and turning them into stunning pieces!

Here are some of my faves.

Ikea Hack
www.aubreyandlindsay.blogspot.com/
 
Don't we all recognize this Ikea island? Brilliant!

Ikea Hack

I actually used to own this dresser:

new-dresser-013

new-dresser-019
Design Sponge

This one might be my absolute favourite by Nancy Marcus from
Marcus Design. She took this....


and made this.....



Isn't it fabulous? Click here to see how she did it. 

I also LOVE this dresser by Catherine from the The Golden Touch.

She took this....


and made this....


Are you officially inspired to revamp your old Ikea peices? I am!