Friday, May 20, 2011

Chanel Deauville Rouge Coco Shine 67







Another week, another Chanel Rouge Coco Shine to love.

This one is #67, Deaville, which is a decidedly brown-based pink. It's not as summery as some other colors in the range like Fetiche or Monte Carlo, but very wearable all year around. Deauville is a very neutral color and lets just enough of my natural lip color through, like all the other Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks I have, so the result is a twist on the "my lips but better idea", only with a shine and elegant color.

It's a good question why Chanel's marketing focused on the most fleeting aspect of these lipsticks, the glossy finish that fades within an hour. After all, their main strength is leaving a long-lasting but subtle stain that doesn't need any touch ups for the better part of the day other than topping it with a gloss. I love Deauville paired with YSL Glden Gloss in Praline, Burberry Sepia or Hourglass Eden. The low-key color is great as it is, and especially on days I go all out on the eye front (aka green eye shadow days). I'm having a hard time thinking about a complexion that would clash with this color, but I'm sure it's out there. The rest of us can consider it a favorite.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks ($32) are available at the counters and on Chanel.com.

All photos are mine.